As a "favor" to friends we watch their pets when they go away so their furry members of their families do not need to go into a kennel. They get the feeling of life with two young boys which I would imagine helps them appreciate their quiet home life when they leave us.
I say this is a favor to my friends but it's really my way of having a dog without out really having a dog. I guess kind of like what grandparents say, "They love having them but they go home to their parents." I do ask my friends when they will be going away so I know when our next pup friend will be here. I also secretly wish they will ask if we can permanently keep the furry friend.
Our latest guest is a our dignified Lola, a Shar Pei. She is very sweet tempered except when it comes to our permanent family member Kitty Nine. She has found a special place in her heart for my youngest. She tries to sneak in his toddler bed at night and while he was sick she would scratch at his door if he coughed. I also found H snuggled with Lola on her bed after he sneaked out of his own bed. Oh, how a boy needs a dog (not just his Mom).
6 comments:
There you are! What a cute dog. I was once aquainted with a Shar Pei named Bailey. Nice dogs.
I remember when you watched Tosca for me. She slept for days after.
your friends are lucky to have someone who will take good care of their dog while they are away. very cute too. Spring is coming...good time to get yourselves one!
Anyone need me to watch their dog? :)
My hope is to give a nice home to a furry friend that is need of a home in the spring. The problem is husband has a motto "NMP" (No More Pets) and eldest son "wants a cat not a stinky dog." I need to some how make them realize they want a dog.
My co-worker's husband had a no more pets policy. Thye now have two beautiful yellow labs. He is so happy he changed his mind.
Will he talk to Brian for me?
Post a Comment