Sunday, June 13, 2010

This is it....


Did you ever have that moment. You know the moment that everything suddenly makes sense. That moment that your heart is full of pure warmth and joy and happiness. That moment that there is complete peace in your life.


There are moments that are amazing, like the space shuttle leaving the Earth or watching a whale breach in the ocean or sitting on top of a mountain. Those moments are special and full of awe but they aren't that moment.


It's a similar feeling to that moment when you met your true-love but it's not that moment I'm speaking of.


My moment may seem a bit simple to others but it was my moment, my that moment.


It was raining and our newest family member, Molly, cam inside from the rain. Alex saw Molly was all wet and insisted that he be the one to dry her off and ran for her towel. I figured he would just throw the towel on her and be on his way. But he didn't he dried er with such care and warmth. He kept saying "Poor Molly, I have to take care of her and make sure she's dry and warm." Then Hunter comes into the kitchen and insists that he must take care of Molly too.

The two boys work together to take care of her and make sure she was comfortable.


As I'm watching them I have that moment. I get the most incredible feeling, almost glowing. It was that moment in the Grinch when his heart grows because of the Who's singing even without there Christmas presents. I realize this is the moment I wanted to achieve.


I want my boys to be caring, loving and to be able to work together especially to help others. I realized that at this young age they understood what it meant to help others and to work together. This is it....my moment.





No comments: