Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Scream

I have two incredible boys in my life. A and H, they keep me going and guessing every second. I never know what is going to happen next when they are around. One thing is that when there is quiet something BIG is about to happen.

A couple weeks ago my oldest went to get ready for his swim lesson and little brother went in the room to look at books. Bri ad I were looking over a shopping list and all was quiet. Obviously too quiet. A few minutes passed and Little brother, H, comes running out of the room at top speed, arms raised in the air and screaming at the top of his lungs. I quickly look to see where the blood is coming from, assuming that something terrible just happened, but there was no blood, bumps or bruises. H had the most incredible smile on his face, he ran into the living room ran a few circles, then preceded to the kitchen and slammed his head into the cabinet, he started an uncontrollable laughing fit and smashed his head again. I have no clue what provoked the performance but I never laughed so hard (just to note he did not get hurt from the cabinets). He wasn't upset about anything but seemed to be expressing just pure joy. I wanted to go run outside and run through the yard screaming at the top of my lungs (sometimes i hate being an adult).

Children really give you a great perspective on life and how to truly live.

1 comment:

Jennifer W said...

I was really struck when you said "sometimes I hare being an adult." I feel the same way so often. I wish I could experience what she experiences from her angle.