
Well it happened my oldest turned 5 on Dec. 10. He'll be starting kindergarten next year. It's amazing how much has happened in his short 5 years. How do they go from that helpless little bundle to these incredibly self sufficient, free thinking, opinionated little human beings.
Don't tell him the sky is blue because he will tell you it's light blue or gray. The grass is never green it's made of multitudes of colors, from various greens, yellows, browns. Every step with him is like running into a brick wall because he will argue every detail and of course he is always right. He has been like this since before the day he was born.
My pregnancy was having this small baby constantly moving I felt him moving at 12 weeks. He never settled and slept as I was told babies would. He was constantly kicking and moving. We never had an ultrasound where he would be still enough to ensure his little organs were forming correctly.
When he was born he was two weeks early, after 18 hours of labor he was born. The nurses said nurse him and he should fall right to sleep. He was wide awake for the first 8 hours after he was born, the nurses finally took him to the nursery so Bri and I could get sleep. He didn't sleep for the first 6 moths and 1 week of his life for more than 2-3 hours and was incredibly colicky. He finally slept for more than 4 hours on June 17 2004.
He rolled over and started scooting at 2 months. Memories of going to baby massage with him at 2 months and I was the only mother chasing after my 2 month old. He exhausted me.
Now he's learning to read, learning his number, memorizing poems, learning about Beethoven, looking at famous artist paintings, learning Spanish, riding a bicycle, discussing evolution, learning about states of matter, energy, gravity and the planets. It's fascinating listening to him discuss what he believes happened to the Megalodon. I'm hoping to have a little scientist on my hands!
His imagination is just incredible, he draws, paints, creates, builds with Lego's, k'nex and he just won't stop.
He's my amazing 5 year old.
3 comments:
It sounds Like you and I may have given birth to the same child only a year and 1/2 apart!
My son is 6 1/2 and he amazes me every day - and a lot of times I feel like I need to go back to school just to keep up with him. The energy, the knowledge, the stubborness, the creativity!!!!!! It's true - our lives will always be interesting, thanks to our oldest sons!
Great post!
Very cool. I have lots to look forward to, I see. Also, Mark's birthday is also on 12/10!
Hey it's me again - please forgive me - I have tagged you. Which means you are now supposed to write a post about 7 random or weird things about yourself. Go to my blog to read the rules - have fun
Post a Comment