Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Care Package to Iraq Part 2

So I mailed all 6 packages to Iraq and they recieved them all in about 5 days. My friend told her daughter to open and start eating all the homemade cookies we sent. They ate them all and really enjoyed the taste of home!!

My friend IMed me this morning to tell me her daughters unit was bombed. The truck they were driving drove over an IED and it exploded. The driver was injured but everyone else was ok, that is as ok as one can be after being ion a truck that's been blown up.

I find it horribly upsetting. I realize I hear it in the news every single day. Perhaps as a coping mechanism I've become numb to such news, i guess you have to or you would completely fall apart. But this time it's so close to home, it just makes me want to scream.

No comments: