Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday!!
The craziness is almost over. I think we spend more time in the car than in one place when Christmas comes.
Christmas Eve is spent at my brother's house. It's nice but a crazy night. Lots of kids and sheer madness no matter how organized we try to be opening presents. My 5 year old has decided he has to be first with everything this year. His New Year's resolution for next year will be patience. We'll be discussing this tomorrow.
Christmas Day was spent opening Santa's presents and those from Mom and Dad. We then headed out at 2 to drive an hour to my Mom's for Christmas dinner. It's still tough going there because I always expect to see my Dad (I really miss him). It was a nice dinner but again crazy with the kids. Great conversation around evolution with family members, I love my family for being able to converse this way!!
Tomorrow is PJ day because if I have to dress I will not be happy. Our house will be covered in Lego's unless I can keep my 2 year old away from big brother and Brian. Maybe we'll have movie night which we actually have a picnic while watching a family movie.
Saturday we'll had up to MA to visit the in-laws and have Christmas with Brian's family. I'm looking forward to that, though I dread the presents the boys will be getting ( I need a bigger house). I enjoy spending time with his family as well and this year we haven't really seen each other since almost last Christmas.
All in all a nice Christmas, I just need to relax now.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! I just boxed up a bunch of toys and cleared some floor space. Also, my plans for an expanded master "suite" have been waylayed by plans for an upstairs playroom.
It's amazing how much children change our lives. I always promised that my house would never be over run with toys. Now I have finger paintings, matchbox cars, picture books, etc. all over my house. One might wonder if any adults live here :)
Post a Comment