I am so blaming this on Brian. It was he who started the conversation last night about when we put Alex in the "big boy" bed. Hunter still sleeps in a crib which keeps him contained. He and Alex share a room, H in a crib and A in the bed.
I just put H down for his nap and the next thing I hear is the ptter patter of little feet. I look behind me and there with the biggest grin there every was is H. I carry him back to his crib and he quickly climbs out again. He put back one more time and leave the room. He hear him scamper out and jumps into big brothers bed. He now thinks he's the coolest thing since freakin sliced bread.
So it's all over, H has now found his freedom.
Oh yeah, Happy New Year!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
AAAARGH! I am dreading that! So far, she shows no desire to climb out.
Haha Will slept in a "big boy" bed at my parents for Christmas. I can't wait to hear how that all worked out when they tried to put him back in his crib. Good luck & Happy New Year!
Did I mention that we were weaning him off his pacifier too? I will have gray hair by the end of this stage.
Jen, ones not so bad it's when there is an older one to learn from the problems begin. I think Alex would have stayed in the crib until he was 16 if we didn't move him.
I tried to have Lindsey slep on a mat on the floor at my parents this fall...she sleeps on a mat at daycare, right? She rolled all over the room, and woke up under the bed!
We had to get Alex a captains bed since we needed extra draw space because the boys need to share a room. We put bedrails on and told him he couldn't get out unless we got him. Worked like a charm for about 2 years. I think because the bed was very high, I think he was a bit scared of falling unless he called us. Now Hunter is on to us so this won't work with him.
I hate when that happens - We are big pushovers in the middle of the night because we care more about getting our sleep - we end up with a sliver of bed to hang onto and three very comfy kids in the middle of us! Good luck.
I have a nine year old in bed almost every night! It all started when she was 3 and looked up at me from the crib and said, but what if I can't get out? I was a sucker..still am. I cannot force her to sleep in her own bed. good thing she is smaller than her brother was at that age.
Post a Comment