These are the people that I am amazed by, inspired by and hold very near to my heart. One of the reasons I remain friends with them is because of their strength and courage and some days I wish and pray I can be like them.
Many of these friends that have encountered "difficult" times but they all met these challenges head on, and they never let anything defeat them. I truly believe that these people can accomplish everything and anything they want and need too. They all know who they are, even if they don't realize it today.
I see my friends resilient as the sea star. A sea star is able to regenerate parts of them when they are torn part. When times are “difficult” I have seen my friends regenerate the part of them was lost and grow even stronger.
I’m proud and honored to have these friends.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
So Why Sea Stars?
"Sea stars are famous for their ability to regenerate limbs, and in some cases, entire bodies."
I've been thinking a lot about my friends from over the years. I've been friends with a lot of very different individuals but there are a very few that have remained close friends. The ones that have remained are wonderful and beautiful human beings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so beautiful. A great tribute to your close friends. I'm glad you told us the reason for your title - I thought it was just cause you liked the ocean. - now I know!
Oh Sarah, there are days that I'm certain I wouldn't be able to regenerate if you were not in my life. Thanks for helping to put me back together! Love you.
very touching. and true..we all use time with good friends to "regenerate" mentally.
Post a Comment