I had some errands to run and it was just me and my youngest. I haven't been out with him in about 6 months because he was 2 and would never listen. At home he is super sweet, loving, helpful, listens, etc. When I would go out with him and I would come home exhausted because he would run, clear shelves, not get in his car seat, scream, basically he became an animal when we went out. I feared any time I needed to go out in public with him because I never knew what adventure he would bring. He just turned 2.5 a couple weeks ago. I had to go get milk and it was just me and him. I sucked it up and took him into a store. He followed me like he was my shadow. I asked him to not touch anything and he obeyed. How cool was this? I am free again. I am no longer chained to the house. H and I can finally take off together and have fun and actaully do complete shopping trips. A whole new world has opened before us.
Saturday I took advantage of my new freedom. A and Dad went off to swim lessons so H and I went to run some errands. Usually I have the radio on and we are singing. This day for some reason I never turned on the radio. We live in New England so there is no such thing as straight flat roads. As I am driving through town I hear from the backseat, woooooooooooooooo, uh-oooohhhhh and HEEE-HAAAWWW. I look in the backseat and notice H has a look on his face that someone on a rollercoaster has right before tha first drop.
I realize that I can drive a little bit on the aggressive side but I felt the comentary from the backseat was a bit unnecessary. The Woooooooo and uh-oooooohhhhh, came out as we were descending a rather narrow,steep, curvy road. Perhaps this is why he no longer fights me when I put him in the carseat. The Heee-haaawwww came out when I had to quickly pull into traffic from side street. Heee-haaawwww ? Where does that come from? I felt like I was watching an old episode of the Dukes of Hazard. I'm wondering if Brian is secretly letting him watch that or coaching him on responses to Mommy's driving.
At least I have my companion again (after 6 long months) I'll work on the driving or just turn the radio on again.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heehee this is great!
lol, that is great. Whe I went to MA for Easter, Lindsey kept admonishing me, "Go Slow Momma!" HArd to do on the Pike.
Post a Comment