So I guess it's happening, I have become a soccer mom.
Alex has been taking swim lessons weekly since October. He's starting soccer on Saturday which now conflicts with his last swim lesson. I'm hoping for rain so he can complete his swimming and then start soccer next Saturday.
I'm holding my breath that he takes to soccer. I need to have him have an outlet for his unending energy. He hates following directions and can never be told what to do. I always need to direct him to make things his ideas in order to get things done or there are major tantrums from both of us. Still trying to figure out where he gets his stubbornness.
He has been asking to learn how to play soccer for two years now. I really hope he likes it. I hope the coaches are there because they want to be there. I need this to be an incredible thing for him.
Swimming he's not too excited about but he needs to learn to be around the water because we go canoeing and hopefully kayaking in the future. We also go hiking near rivers so I will not budge on swim lessons they are a must!
So I'm holding my breath that this soccer program will live up to his expectations.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We live adjacent to the soccer fields in our town. Based on the shear number of kids who come for practice, it must be a pretty fun thing to do. I'm sure we will send Lindsey. Good for you on the swim lessons, I think they are critical!
Post a Comment