Hunter is always looking up to big brother and wants to do everything he does. If Hunter gets a sticker, he always makes sure his big brother gets one as well.
The other day Hunter grabbed a balloon that belonged to Alex, ran outside and let it go. Alex was devastated. We got the balloon at a restaurant we went to after kindergarten orientation and they gave it to him as a special gift. I have never seen Alex so upset.
The next morning the boys were downstairs watching TV together. Alex came running upstairs to look to see what hunter did. We go down and our lovely Hunter got hold of a pen and drew all over our leather coach. The swirls were very artistic and the rice flour he grabbed to hide the writing really added to the whole scene. I would have taken a picture but Brian's head was about to blow up. It really takes a lot for him to get upset and this really did it. Anyway, we found out Alex tried to stop his brother and tried to clean up after him so he wouldn't get in trouble. Did I mention the water everywhere mixed with the rice flour and ink.
So one moment they are ready to kill each other and the next big brother is trying to cover up little brothers mess. It was strange to comprehend all this. At first I just wanted to scream at them then I took a step back and really looked at what was happening. they are really little human beings finding their way in this great huge world. They will torment one another but in the end I hope they will always be there to help one another.
2 comments:
love the picture of them with their backs to the camera. i bet they will grow up to be best friends.
Sorry about your couch! As they get older, this covering for each other stuff will require you to become very tricky indeed. They don't have you outnumbered, but they have an advantage!
Post a Comment