Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Change

It's been an interesting year so far and it's only April. I received what I shall call an "opportunity" to spend the summer wit my kids. I was notified yesterday that my position has been terminated. I am fortunate enough to get a severance package so I'm going to take the summer and spend it with my boys. I'm going to get our beach pass and live at the lake this year!!! We are going to play, garden, swim and learn to ride bikes!!!!

I have been working since I was 11 so this will be my first free summer in quite a few years. This will be a great time to figure out what I really want to be when I grow up and take care of the boys without stressing.

The boys have so much going on I think we have seen every person in student services at our school. Hunter is in speech due to his severe speech delay and now physical therapy because his legs are weak. Alex is in the enrichment program, speech (because of his Mass accent) and the school counselor because of his ADHD and anxiety. Yikes that's a lot.

Things will be quite tight on the money side of things but we'll figure it out. I'll take this time to read some books and spend time with the kids!! I'll revisit my chemistry and biology books, maybe I can tutor or think of some brilliant invention and make millions. I will also be able to start blogging again!!

I'm also going to focus on raising money for the Jimmy Fund Walk, cancer research shouldn't stop just because I don't have a job. My team has changed a bit which hurt me a lot more than losing my job, but that's a blog for another day.

Anyway, it's time for a change!!

1 comment:

Jennifer W said...

I knew something was up from facebook, so I came here for the scoop. Sorry about the job, but a summer home with the little ones sounds divine.

My husband says, "Man makes plans, God laughs." You'll be right where you need to be when you need to be there!